Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ahhh, to be a kid again...

I did something yesterday that I haven't done in much too long: I played like a kid. There are a few occasions that I've played sports (basketball/soccer/etc) with the kids, but I mean I REALLY played (thanks honey for being the adult). My niece wanted to play monkey tag on the playground--which means we couldn't touch the ground, so we'd swing like monkeys from one part to another, trying to avoid being tagged. Then our families played freeze tag (but we were able to walk on the ground).

Nothing makes you feel young again like playing like a carefree kid.

Happy Mother's Day. May you allow yourself to stay young in heart forever.
Here's a great quote we got on our candy bars at church today:
"One cannot forget mother and remember God.
One cannot remember mother and forget God.
Why? Because these two sacred persons,
God and mother, partners in creation, in love,
in sacrifice, in service, are as one."
Thomas S. Monson
"Behold Thy Mother"
Ensign, April 1998, pg 2

No comments: