Wednesday, July 22, 2009

An innocent blunder

What started as a simple request led to a disastrous frenzy, leaving only destruction and visible tumult in its wake. The other day my hubby said he'd like me to take a chainsaw to the thick forest protruding from the top of his head. I've only done this once previously, about three years ago. After 1 1/2 hours, I think I did a fine job. But my hubby never did request me to cut his hair again--until now. However, the other night did not give the same results. I suppose it was because I didn't watch the hair-cutting video this time, or because I was impatient, or that I am not a perfectionist and it showed that night. Whatever the reason, at least hair grows out. I wish this were the end of the tale, but it's not. As I said, a frenzy ensued. Once my hubby was out of town (to camp with the scouts), he was unable to stop me from turning the razor and scissors on the remaining defenseless children. I couldn't help myself. First Chief fell under the blade, left with one side of his head botched when I tried to blend. Then Punkie, excited to have her first haircut, started cutting her hair with scissors. Luckily, not too much was cut, and I didn't cut more than 1 1/2 inches straight across the back. You might say she was the most unscathed of the three children. And Red was my last victim. I don't want to talk about what happened to him, it's too unbalanced. At least I had the good sense to put away the weapons before I turned them on myself.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

ha ha... I can just picture it all. It took me two hours when I first cut Kevins hair. After almost 10 years I still don't think I have it down. But to think of all the money saved by doing it at home puts a smile on my face. I'm sure the cuts look great. I saw your hubby today and his hair looked good. I also wanted to thank you for making Kevin a lunch to take that was very thoughtful. I hope you have a great remainder of a husbandless week :)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I agree with Sandra, I thought your hubby's hair looked good....as for the rest of your family, I'll have to check out their haircuts at swimming tomorrow. ;)

SisK said...

Its worth the money you save....

Remember: The difference between a good haircut and a bad one is two weeks.