Thursday, September 24, 2009

Girlie Girl

Yup, it's official, my Punkie is a Girlie Girl. Now don't get me wrong--I've known this since she was big enough to show her dainty personality and love for anything "girly." And I noticed it as she insists upon pink EVERYTHING. But her graceful prancing and dancing across the floor is somewhat tempered by her disregard for having her hair done too often (albeit she does sometimes sit rather still for it) and her occasional potty humor--a trait her bigger brother shows way too much. But today, when I was reading to my Kindergartener, she slipped off my lap and disappeared upstairs. This didn't alarm me as she often goes to her room to play, but about 5 minutes later, after I call up to her to see if she is okay (and she said yes), she arrives downstairs carrying the roll-on perfume I put on her on rare occasions. Not a big deal. The fingernail polish dried on her cheeks like blush, as well as the back of her hands, did cause me some concern. Not as much as it would have if it had been a darker color (it was rather light, but is the kind that goes a different, darker color in the sunlight). I borrowed some remover from a friend (can't find mine), and cleaned her up as she simulateously wiped my face with remover too. I guess the moral of the story is that if I have to have a girlie girl, I may as well teach her how to put on makeup the right way.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

HA HA I hope she didn't get it all over everything else. Danika still rarely lets me paint her nails. Maybe BriLynn will be my girly girl.

SisK said...

Sooo funny. Especially when her Mom isn't a girly girl. My girl doesn't mind her hair being done, but she'll take a monster truck over a doll anyday. Variations...
I can't imagine Punkie having potty humor.