Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tired of Tunes

Okay, any parent who has kids that like the music produced by Disney talent will probably agree with me: there must be hidden subluminal messages within it that are addictive to children. Then again, it could be the fast beat and repetative words that are enticing. Either way, my hubby and I are tired of "Play Push It to the Limit" (yes, this is on my blog playlist too), or the Cheetah Girls' Barcelona song, or the Jonas Brothers 'Great-great Granddaughter song' (at least that's what we call it). And we don't even have the Disney Channel--or any other channel for that matter :0).
And what's up with my eldest son waking most of the family up at 5 in the morning?!? He's been waking up early all week. I'm wondering if he isn't needing as much sleep. Maybe starting tomorrow we'll let him stay up 30 min longer reading books (he said he'd rather do chores up late--I said that wasn't good for before bedtime. He pointed out that my hubby and I do. I assured him the day would come when he would also be up late trying to get work done).

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Danika asked me the other day why we get to stay of late also. I have the opposite problem though, she always wants to sleep in. 5 in the morning ouch.

Anonymous said...

I find kids go in phases. Give him a few weeks and he will probably be back to sleeping through the night. (It could even be excitment and anticipation of the holidays). I would put him to bed at a normal time and wait to see if things change after Christmas is over.

Company of 5 said...

The other night we put the boys to bed 45 minutes later and they were up by 6:30 still. Yep, I'm putting them to bed earlier from now on. That is, if my schedule ever gets back on line--which it won't since the holidays are on their way and schedules always go out the door.