Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Over a week later...

So the cake was good--not great, but good. It did have a tendancy to crumble, but not like it was dry. I'm not sure if it's because I used cake flour and the recipe called for all-purpose. I've got pics, but no time to download.
Thanksgiving went well. The turkey almost became dessert because it was taking longer to cook than expected, but we waited somewhat patiently. We had fun the next few days as we crashed at a parent's house. We also were treated to a dinner overlooking the Temple Square lights on Friday. I haven't been there for quite a while. I guess being a couple hours away makes it kinda tough.
We also went Christmas shopping early Friday. Yep, we left the house at 4:30 AM--this is the second time I've done the early morning Black Friday thing and I'm afraid I still don't have a love for shopping. Friday morning was fine, but on Saturday we were still looking for an office chair (Christmas present for my hubby and I), and I was getting a wee bit tired of shopping. By Saturday night we had two chairs. We kept the one we bought online (cheaper than the other and on sale online, not in the store).
So now I'm sitting on our Christmas present :).
Anyway, I went to a PTA luncheon yesterday to listen to what the local legislative reps had to say about what they are doing for education. Translation: they care about education, but obviously there are going to be funding cuts due to the economy.
Now, I've got to clean up the house before it becomes an official state of disaster.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Wow, sounds like you've been busy! I am not a fan of shopping the day after Thanksgiving but I have gone a couple of times and got good deals so hopefully you guys got some great deals!! :)

Anonymous said...

So... if you sit on your Christmas present for 3 weeks prior to Christmas, will you remember that you already purchased a present for each other for Christmas? Shouldn't you place a bow on it until Christmas morning?

Company of 5 said...

Naw, we'd crush the bow.