Thursday, January 22, 2009

Out with the old and in with the new...

Hair and teeth that is. I got a haircut on Monday and as people have been telling me: You chopped your hair off! Hmm, I think I'll fire my hairstylist.



Then Chief lost his front top tooth (a few days after his cousin who is the same age--they'll match again just like they did last year at this time when they were both missing a front bottom tooth).




While I was getting my hair chopped off, the boys were sliding down the mountainside on skis. Here they are enjoying their Christmas present from their uncle and aunt:




Ahhhh, the perfect ending for the perfect day.


Today is Red's birthday. He has celebrated by having a party with a few friends. We just did a simple one: playing 'Huckle, Buckle, Beanstalk' (think hide and seek with a toy), "Red" Says, Duck-Duck-Goose, pin the tail on the donkey, a character walk, making placemats, finding a harmonica hidden in rice, playing the harmonica whenever a word was said during a book reading (yeah, I know, reading a book for a party?!?), and we had ice cream sandwiches and played with balloons. All in all it worked out for a one hour party.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure can pack a lot of fun into one hour... Wonder why time passes so fast??

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Company of 5 said...

The second comment was removed due to "name dropping." It basically said I was beautiful, kind, and the best person in the world. Or something like that. Anyway, the suggestion was that I not let Red know that if he cut my hair it would be even shorter--because he'd do it. I told him last week that I needed to cut my hair. Not too long afterward when I was sitting down with Punkie, I heard a snip and Red giggling. When I turned around he was holding scissors and he said, "I cut your hair!" Luckily, I saw no visible problem, but like I said the comment warned me not to give him any ideas.

Anonymous said...

Your hair is adorable---I love the cut. I have always preferred your hair mid-length--not too long, not too short. It looks great!

That is a lot of party activities! (And yeah...the book at a party is funny.)

So if I start dropping names I'm out, huh? Well I think that ______ and _____ look great with or without teeth. _____ does a great job skiing does _____ like it? You'll never guess who I ran into yesterday! _______!!!! Can you believe it? Love ya babe! :)