Friday, June 12, 2009

Another recipe from my sister

My sister is 'THE COOK', so it's only natural that I'm stealing as many recipes as I can while I'm visiting her. Here's another recipe she kindly made for me:

Avocado-Mango Salsa
1 ripe mango, peeled, seeded, diced
1 tomato, seeded, diced
2 green onions, finely sliced
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 jalapeƱo chili, minced
1 avocado, peeled, seeded, diced

Combine first 5 ingredients in bowl. (Can be made 3 hours ahead; refrigerate.) Stir in diced avocado and season to taste with salt and pepper.

*Note: My sister doesn't add the tomato or the jalapeno chili, and she does add some chopped Cilantro. When she is out of green onions, she substitutes some onion powder. This recipe, made with the Cilantro, is nicely tangy and refreshing for summer.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

That sounds so much like my sisters salsa! Yummy stuff.

Company of 5 said...

It's good, but I've decided that two green onions are 1 too many. Also, I used bottled lemon juice (cause I forgot to buy limes), and I think the limes are a better way to go.