Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Long time, no...write

So I've been busy for awhile. I've been canning (does that mean I'm becoming domesticated?) peaches and veggies. Tonight we (okay, most of the work my hubby did) canned peach-orange jam. Should be good. On the 7th my hubby and I celebrated our 11th anniversary. We started out by grabbing Micky D's food for breakfast on the way to taking Red to the doctor. He has been going to the bathroom WAY too frequently (every few minutes) for the last 2 1/2 weeks. When I clocked him going 3 times in 6 minutes we knew that he should be seen. His urinanalysis was normal, so we're just giving him a smooth muscle relaxer and are trying to get him to wait for an hour between restroom visits. I'm lucky if it's 30 minutes. He did wait an hour a couple of times today (I think). Anyway, I'm trying to cure him before school starts in a couple of weeks (two weeks from today for Chief!). We didn't get to hang out much in the afternoon of our anniversary, but thanks to my family we got to go out to the Cheesecake factory for dinner. Very sadly, Chief started to get very sick right after we left him (we had no idea he would be--sorry again Mom and Sis!), but they didn't call us to come back, so we did have a great time. FYI--if you like butterfinger and/or chocolate-peanut butter, then Adam's chocolate-peanut butter cup fudge ripple cheesecake is VERY good. Very rich too though, so take it to go and only eat a couple of bites at a time. The next day I got to see my nephew baptized (way to go buddy!), which was way fun--'cause I hung out with my family after and they took me to get a bento box from Jasmine's (sooooo good!). And yesterday we went to Lagoon, thanks to my other Mom and Dad, and we had a great time. We went to Lagoon-a-beach first. Within 5 minutes I had scraped my hand, so I had to lay out in the sun without kids and stay out of the freezing-cold pool for awhile...shucks. Anyway, I did go and play with bandaids on, trying to keep my hand as dry as possible. Then we divided and conquered with the kids. Mom took Punkie to the little kid rides, Chief and hubby went to young kid rides, and Chief and I went on the young-older kid rides. We met up and switched a bit. Kind-of like musical-kids. So now here I am, taking a short breath before running off again. But definately looking forward to seeing my sis and her family soon!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Umm... peaches. I'm glad you guys had a good Anniversary. He wasn't by chance throwing up sick was he? That stinkin' bug has been going crazy through the ward. Today Andrew was sick. So far it has been through three kids and me so hopefully that will be it. Have a great time with your sister this week.

Company of 5 said...

He was, but it was just for the evening, nobody else has it, and we think he had some bad lemonade before falling asleep in the car. The flu was my first concern, but I don't think it was it.