Monday, March 2, 2009

Who am I?

A recent suggestion by a family member opened up a whole new "can" of questions. I've always said I didn't know what I wanted to "do" when I "grew up," meaning as an occupation--beyond the fact that I love being a stay-at-home mom to my young kids. The suggestion was that for a birthday gift I take the GRE test (which I was recently studying for with my hubby). Frankly I'm a nerd and would love to have an excuse to study the material--but that doesn't mean I have the time, I'd have to make the time--and it doesn't mean I'd do well at all. I may be a nerd, just not a very high scoring one (shucks). So my hubby and I were researching different occupations and the graduate schools for them with my personality in mind. What can an impatient person quickly get a masters for? Keep in mind I don't like dealing with people's emotional or legal battles, I don't like confrontation, am socially somewhat awkward, and I've never deeply engrossed myself in any one thing. I'm like a jack-of-all-trades/master-of-nothing kinda person. I like reading, animals (but not comfortable enough to work as a vet/tech), teaching, research (I have done some Ecology research and loved it--but am afraid I don't have as much knowledge as I'd like to progress far into the field), and a variety of other things. I still don't know though. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Do you like math?

Company of 5 said...

Yes, but I'm not fabulous at statistics or majorly advanced math. I like it, but just enough to do okay.
I'm not really interested in accounting, per se.

Anonymous said...

Teaching certificate. Teach Pre-K or Elementary school. That way you will have the same schedule as your kiddos.

Company of 5 said...

I like the idea, but am actually considering optometry. I'll have to look into it though.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! You surprised me there!

(This is SisK, by the way)

Anonymous said...

Maybe a "punster" would be good... referring to considering optometry & have to "look" into it...good one!!!....Auntie G...forgot my user name and password...does that surprise you?? LOL