Friday, October 10, 2008

Dorie says: Keep on swimin'...

I guess I thought that if I didn't blog, it would be because I forgot--not because I got too busy. But things are going well. I got through one of my immediately busy things to do and have plenty more to keep up with (lessons to prep, people to visit, places to go to, fairs to help at). I keep forgetting to bring my camara too.
We went to a police station today. We visited with a detective for our city. He talked with the kids about stranger safety (what they're learning in preschool) and showed them his car. I'm not sure how much was learned. My son kept interjecting his two cents worth, somewhat embarrassing me when he told the officer he already had the cool pencil he was giving them (and the booklet, and the sticker...), but also making me smile.
Chief's school had a field trip today too. I wish I could have been to both! It's hard when you have to pick and choose between which children you will spend time with or do things for. I suppose a good balance is what it is all about!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope things get a little slower so you can enjoy life :)

Sandra said...

I also wanted to go on the field trip. It's tough to do when you have other little ones to watch at home. Sounds like they had a good time though.

Company of 5 said...

I think the kids did have fun. And I do enjoy life :)! It keeps me on my toes and I have much to do, but much of what I do includes having fun.