Sunday, October 12, 2008

Nursery Bully

"Excuse me Sister, but we've been having a problem in nursery. You see, it's your child...she's a bully."
Don't worry, Punkie's teachers haven't told us that...yet. But we found out about it by good old observation. When I found out that the nursery sub was by herself with her 6 month old, I sent my hubby in to help out with the young ones. That's when we found out that our "stinker" has no problem standing up for what she wants. First of all, it was about a baby (it always is with her). She had one and she wanted another from another little girl. That was broken up quickly. Then later, after playtime, Punkie still had a doll--who could take it away from her without a problem?--and when she put it down the other girl picked it up--creating a tug-of-war between the two. The doll was taken away from both, but Punkie wasn't through with the issue yet, she proceeded to slap the poor little (older) girl more than once on the back. And this is from my sensitive little girl (who has gotten beat up by other kids in the past).
Which is worse: to have the bully kid or the kid picked on?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think everybody wants their child to stand up for themselves. (We struggle with the opposite problem).

Crystal said...

Well we found out yesterday that Brock is the bully in nursery. Great huh? I don't know which I prefer but I know that I hate that he picks on others I guess he's been pushing everyone in his class. I can't picture your little girl being a bully to anyone! But if it's a doll man thats understandable righ? :)

Anonymous said...

Guess you will have to send her into Nursery with two of her own dolls, one for each hand. Punkie can never have too many dolls, though, so she may struggle to add another one... and heaven help any child who may pick up one of her dolls should she lay it down... sounds like she doesn't need karate lessons...