Saturday, November 1, 2008

I survived Halloween!

Well, the witches and ghosts have been packed away,

And the pumpkins are gone--they couldn't last another day.

Monsters and ghouls no longer roam the street,

And I don't hear any more frantic heartbeats.

(I thought I'd scream if I heard another yelled 'Boo!'

Or had more sightings of Hannah-you-know-who.)

At last I can sit back, relax, and slouch,

I don't have to constantly get off my couch.

I won't have to stir until the next holiday,

which is...only 3 1/2 weeks from today!

Okay, okay, yeah I know I'm weird. And honestly I don't have a big problem with Halloween. Which isn't to say I'm not relieved that the school carnival is over (I got home at 11:00 pm--two and a half hours after it was over, which is early I'm told) and that the trunk or treat was last night--on a warm, non-rainy night. Everything went fairly well for both I think. Here's some pics of our night last night.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How adorable! Return to your couch and breath deeply...
I am going to give you an extra hour... this weekend. Aren't I kind?

Anonymous said...

How adorable! Return to your couch and breath deeply...
I am going to give you an extra hour... this weekend. Aren't I kind?

Anonymous said...

Just so you know... I am not giving you 2 hours... only one... Despite the fact that for some reason I published the same comment twice.
Not my fault... Too many tricker-treaters can cause brain cramps when publishing....

Anonymous said...

BOO!!