Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Can my house actually hold more stuff?

We found out today. After Chief came home from school he went to his room. Despite several reminders to do his homework, he was sorting his money and exchanging me smaller change for bigger change. Then I found out why. Down the block a family assistance organization had some furniture outside for sell the last few days. There was a bookshelf, some filing cabinets, and a couple of school desks. Chief and his friends all liked them and his friends told him they thought they'd buy them first (they thought they were $5. I don't know who told them this.) Anyway, Chief was determined to get one for himself. When my hubby and I found out, we asked him where he'd put it. He actually had a good idea about moving some of the furniture around (some of which my hubby had already wanted to do). He had $5, so my hubby went to make sure the quality of the desk was worth spending any money over. Once there Chief went in and asked (all business-like) how much they cost. The lady at the reception desk asked how much he had (yes, they are very sweet!). Chief said, "I can pay you $5!" The lady then told him he could have it for that. Needless to say, they came home with the desk (and a lamp that Dad had to buy for him from Walmart). Now we just need to get him a chair.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

How cute, I can just imagine him asking them how much. Hey five bucks, not bad :)

Ellen Oates said...

That is so cute that he actually wants a desk! Maybe now he will really enjoy homework (if he does not already) at his 'new' desk.

Tina said...

That's hilarious, and very cute. Good for him! Sounds like he's well on his way to some great people/business skills. lol!

Crystal said...

How cute! I hope he's enjoying his new desk!

SisK said...

Picture please.