Friday, April 3, 2009

Endings

Today was the last day of Red's home-preschool, which I taught. I won't miss the 1-2 hours it took to prepare each lesson, but I liked feeling that he was really learning something important each time. I feel like the sacrifice I made in time was definately worth it. I also loved seeing what the other teachers came up with on their lesson days. I have grown from this experience in that I won't be as unsure of how to teach Punkie as she grows. I felt lost when Chief was this age and I was more than happy to have him at a private-preschool--but then again Chief never has liked learning from me. I thought of a way to help him when he was having problems with his homework a couple of weeks ago and he just didn't even want to listen to me at all. I guess some things never change. Let's just hope Punkie doesn't mind Mommy School.

3 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I'm so glad that Matthew had the chance to be there for some of your preschool days, he really enjoyed it. :) You are an awesome teacher.

Sandra said...

I applaude you for doing it too. It takes a lot of time and patience :)

Anonymous said...

You are awesome... teaching children and adults... Makes for some great memories, both educational and fun.