Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 1: Beginning Blogger


Okay, I admit, the peer pressure has gotten to me. Most of the people I know are blogging. Is it addicting? We'll see. I check my e-mail daily, sometimes more, but I can't write a handwritten letter to save my life. Maybe it has something to do with putting it in an envelope, writting addresses, placing a stamp on it, and actually getting it to the mailbox. Perhaps I have a subconscious phobia of mailboxes. I wonder what that is called...putterinthecaniphobia?...postalgermiphobia?...I don't know. Maybe I'm just lazy.

Lazy or not, I did make some cookies yesterday! They are among my favorites: Homemade Oreos. They are really easy. Here's the recipe below:
1 box Devil's Food cake mix
1/4 cup veggie oil
2 eggs
Mix the above ingredients into a dough form. Roll into marble size balls. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes (don't overbake). Let cool. Frost the bottom of one cookie and put the other on bottom. I like to frost them with store-bought buttercream frosting, or you can make this cream cheese one:
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tb. milk
1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
Mix together, and viola!

1 comment:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Hooray! I'm excited to see your blog. Just remember, there's no RIGHT way to do a blog. Just make it your own, and it will be perfect. :)