Monday, August 18, 2008

Home sweet home

So now I have a ton of things to clean/do, but se la vie! (I'm sure I just spelled that wrong--then again, I took high school spanish, not French).

Had a great time without the little ones. Thought about them often though. We were camping somewhat near a reservoir. Our campground had a fishing pond for kids and seniors and a river wound though it. My FIL (I have two) taught us how to fly fish and since we're hooked, we tried out our luck. Apparently we didn't have any. Since my hubby was a little under the weather, we just watched movies and read books. It turns out he has pneumonia :(.

Also you may have noticed that I have edited the prior posts, removing the names of my kids and replacing them with nicknames. Although I try not to reveal too much information concerning my family for security reasons, my mom thought even the first names were too much. My sister has a friend who nicknames her kids on her blog, so they suggested the same. Since I'm not opposed to such a simple change, I've decided to nickname my kids as well. My first born son is Chief. He likes to direct and tell people what to do. My second child is Red. He has auburn hair and many people still ask me where he got his red hair. My youngest is Punkie, short for pumpkin. Yeah, it's not too flattering, but it'll do.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Home,... how sweet it is. Kids...how cute they are. Housework... never ends.
'Nuff said

Anonymous said...

I like your nicknames for the kids. Sorry David is down for the count....is he on drugs again?


(I just realized that is not the kind of comment you want people leaving on your website. What I really meant to say is he taking any meds for this latest illness?)

Company of 5 said...

Ha, ha. Yeah, he visited the doc today and had x-rays, bloodwork, etc. They even gave him a going-away give of a shot in the...well enough said. He also is on two prescriptions. Poor guy :(

Anonymous said...

Guess you wore him out fishin'... or what?

Unknown said...

Children are so imaginative. You may end up with many more impromptu gatherings based upon the attendance and the fact that children love to perform. Better start working on more talents for them to share.