Friday, August 29, 2008

Random Thoughts

I have internet back! My hubby has been working on getting our adaptor to work with our modem the last couple of days. Of course like any undertaking, it means things get worse before they get better--like when we didn't have internet for awhile. But just like always, my hubby delivers and gets the job done (or mostly, there's one optional thing we still want to accomplish).

Meant to bring my camara yesterday. My FIL had a company party that he got us tickets to. What's better than seeing Grandma & Grandpa? Add in an aquatic center with good food and good fun and there you have it! Of course, my camara isn't waterproof, which isn't good when I'm the only adult splashing around the kids' area until I'm soaked.

Thought for the day: Are you taking your loved ones for granted? Do you call those you care about (I know I sure don't communicate with David's side as well as I should)? I was reminded of this the other day when I was talking with my mom on the phone. David was leaving and I was satisfied with calling inbetween my conversation, "Have a good day honey, be careful!" He was a little stressed about leaving and getting things together, so I ultimately got off the phone and walked him to the door. When he was extra late getting home (I didn't realize he was going to try to pick up the book I ordered for him last week), I automatically start thinking the worst has happened and I examine my behavior toward him earlier. I realized that I had started taking him for granted. Again. Not good. I'm terrible at doing extra little things that are sweet or romantic. Perhaps I ought to make a little more effort to show I care. And I shouldn't stop with my hubby, I have plenty of others I take for granted too. I guess my to-do list is longer, but maybe more correctly prioritized.

No comments: