Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sneaking around

I'm sneaking around behind my husband's back. No, not for any sordid affair. But as soon as the bathroom door clicked shut behind him I threw off the bed sheets and rushed quietly downstairs to quickly write a couple of thoughts on my blog. I'm addicted.

Anyway, I wanted to send out a big THANK YOU to my MIL! You did a great job teaching my church-attending 'family' how to enjoy the sacrament meeting with young children. Honestly, you could write a book about it. I'm sure that no matter what religion you are, if you attend a church and you have young mobile children, you know what I'm talking about. I have three constantly changing experiments. My youngest experiment was hanging from the pew in front of us like a monkey. If I let her stand on my foot, she would latch onto the pew with her mouth. Ewwwww. When I put her down, she screeched like a banchee. Whatever that really is. Anyway, only in some religions could you claim that your child is 'just feeling the spirit' as they run around holloring with their arms waving over their heads. The rest of us just try to pretend that we don't know who's adorable child that is. It's obvious anyway. Thanks again PIL's for being such great company!

Also: mother of the wild boys: great talk! I didn't hear all of it (see above), but what I did hear I enjoyed. I can relate to the FHE about baptism. It's my turn to teach tomorrow and I bet you know what I'll be teaching about. I can't believe you were able to outrun the talk arranger for over 5 years!! You might be asked to teach an underground lesson on it. I've talked twice in the last year.

I hear my hubby coming. Uh, oh. Caught red handed!

3 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Thanks, I was super nervous! And you'd have to ask Nick for tips on avoiding talks, he hasn't been asked to give one in seven years. :D But seriously, I think the key is to live in a transient ward like ours for many years, there's always new people to take the talking jobs. ;)

Sandra said...

I was sad that I missed your MIL lesson in church. I heard there were handouts. If you have an extra one I would love it. I need all the help I can get. I don't know what I'm going to do sitting with five little ones by myself in sacrament!

Crystal said...

I loved her lesson! I always feel like my little one is making all the noise and everyone's frustrated with us so it was nice to get some pointers!