Saturday, September 20, 2008

Always start your busy day with a good breakfast.

As I sit and write a delicious smell permiates the kitchen. My hubby at work creating a yummy masterpiece? No. Chief, doing his thing, making pancakes. His class at school recently made pancakes with marshmellows and chocolate chips. I don't have small white marshmellows and I don't want to open a new package of chocolate chips, so we might have white chips on the pancakes. Or plain pancakes.
We started a fall cleanup yesterday. I guess I should say my hubby did. You already know of my inefficiencies there. But I have been doing my best to keep up, in-between begging for donations for the PTA. I'm hoping to get a local business to donate incentives for the faculty to join. I get to address them on Tuesday.
I afraid I don't have anything of interest to say. I'm just plugging away at life, trying to keep treading above all I need to do. Don't worry--I still have a lot of fun doing it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My faith in the education system is plummeting like the AIG stocks....

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to clarify that my comment was not in relation to you or the PTA :)....it had more to do with your grade school child being taught to add marshmallows and chocolate chips to pancakes instead of reading, writing and math. (Even if it *may* have involved reading a recipe and counting how many cups of chocolate chips they were adding). However, that does make me feel a bit more qualified to homeschool....

Company of 5 said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. One of his teachers is always labeled as "really nice." That's good too, but how's her teaching? I wonder that as I meet a lot of people who have their kids in a local charter school. I also know a mom who homeschools all her kids through the k-12 program. They do very well. Last year I didn't worry as much, his teacher was AWESOME. Basically, that's what it comes down to: a good teacher. Forget the whole system, it takes individual talent. His teachers are very organized though, so I think the team-teacher thing is working out. Anyway, I've got my fingers crossed.

Sandra said...

Wow your brave to let him make them. I guess I should let Danika be in the kitchen more, I let her help but not do it herself.

Raelynn said...

i'm so excited to be apart of the PTA!! But i have about 2 years of waiting..