Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Out of the mouth of babes

Okay, he's not a "babe," he's a preschooler, but close enough. He's been cracking me up all evening with his little 'Redisms.' Like when he flushed the toilet (he is afraid of it flooding so we have to be there when he does it). After flushing it, and the water going down as it is supposed to, he spread out his hands yelling, "It's a miracle...I had prayed to Heavenly Father!" Obviously a toilet properly working is something to have faith in. Just now, as we were debating what to do as a family, he said, "I have an idea in my brain!" His idea in his brain was to watch a movie and have family home evening. I think it's because of the treats we have for FHE.

Sometimes I look forward to the kids being old enough to do something in particular, and other times I wish they could stay little forever. Yesterday, I wished Punkie could stay little forever because I realized my littlest baby is growing up. She's still in a crib, but just for the time being. Yesterday morning we heard a loud BOOM upstairs. Yep, you guessed it--she fell out of her crib. She hasn't done it again, but I'm not sure if it's a matter of time or if she learned that maybe it isn't such a good idea to climb the bars.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I wish I had a quarter for every time a kid has fallen out of a crib or off a bed he he. I agree, you want them to stay little but it's fun to watch them grow.

Tina said...

Its cute the things they pray for and the "miracles" they see. I'm glad to hear that your toilet works.