Friday, September 5, 2008

Secret Hideaway Compromised

Okay, so I lost self control the other day. I went to the store for milk, juice, and one bag of "bedtime" treats the kids can earn if they go to bed well (so far not only have they not earned one yet, they are both grounded for their behavior last night two hours after we put them in bed--the boys, not Punkie). Red and Punkie were with me on this store trip. Just as I was leaving, my hubby said with a gleam of hope in his eyes, "And tootsie rolls, please." We spent I don't know how long in the candy aisle, pondering over this bag of candy or that bag (me looking at costs, Red at what he wanted). Since I told Red he could help me, I tried to steer him toward more practical choices (that could give us more for the cost). Although I flatly refused a few choices, I ultimately bought him some gummy halloween candy in a gaudy pumpkin bag. Yuck. I was rooting for the big bag of halloween candy bars. So was Punkie. She was only happy when it was nestled next to her in the cart. So much for my self control...
When we got home I got to work hiding the candy. The kids have no idea where the treats are, but I was nice enough to clue my hubby in to where I hid his tootsie rolls. But then last night he asked for some of the candy bars. He wouldn't stop laughing when he followed me up to our room and watched me take them out of a dresser cupboard. Next time I hide them, I'll make him wear a blindfold!

2 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

If I don't hide the sugary-treats, they disappear within a mere few hours. And I lock everyone out of my bedroom when I go to retrieve them. :)

Sandra said...

I'm sad to say that I'm the reason the treats disappear so fast in our home. I hide them away for myself...what can I say, I'm a chocoholic!