Friday, September 26, 2008

So much to do, so much to forget to do.

I forgot to get something out for the PTA yesterday. So today I was frantically doing as much as I could before preschool. I ran out of the copies for the kids to take home so only the grades k-2 got to take home a 'join the PTA' flier. Hopefully the older kids have younger siblings.
I enjoyed the things I taught in preschool, but I did have one very rowdy kid. I would've called his mom to take him home, but that didn't work--I AM his mom {sigh}. So we'll have to take preventative measures next time. I'll give him a little pep-talk on how to act in school--even if your school is your home. Also I'll have to explain that teachers are not jungle gyms.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Your doing a great job! It takes a lot of time (plus it's not easy with little ones) to make copies for the whole school. Good news on my end, I called Lee's and they will give us a 25 dollar gift certificate to the winner of the Box Top Competition.

Company of 5 said...

Yea! You have quite a lot of work to do yourself. Let me know if you need help when you have your baby--membership drives will slow down a bit (I'll just try to have a booth at the activities).

Raelynn said...

WOW lots going on!!! maybe i'm not so excited(to be on the PTA)... no i love a challenge..
about being you sons teacher.. do you just get together with other moms and make mini lessons for the kiddos??

Company of 5 said...

The preschool is co-taught. So we take turns. Right now, it's just two of us taking every other week since the third mom is still trying to get her newborn on a schedule. I admit, it can get kinda difficult keeping up with it all. We teach the kids three days a week, two hours a day. We're actually doing more of an academically challenging curriculum. We have structured play time, circle time (introducing calendars, weather, time, phonics, numbers, sequencing, writing, etc.), then table time (a hands-on experience for the senses and to solidify consepts), snack and recess time, and finally 'curiousity box' time (where the kids feel inside our box, where we have a physical object representing a theme we're learning). This week and next week we're learning about safety (fires, guns, stranger danger, being found when lost, 911, etc.). Usually we have a field trip weekly (when all the moms come), but this week we're missing a day for preschool so we're just adding another hour to Friday and will have the trip next week.